I am a real noob, so please bear with these questions.
These questions are pertaining to FC4.
1. What is the easiest way to get into command prompt?
2. Is there a graphical way of installing RPM packages?
3. How do I uninstall RPM packages that does not comes with the distribution?
4. I have some Asian laguages packages installed, how do I invoke them, say in OpenOffice.org Writer?
1. What is the main difference between RH based and Debian based distibutions? I have installed FD4 and Ubuntu 5.04 and I don't see much difference (I believe there are many).
2. By replacing DE like GNOME with WM like IceWM, would I lauch the same application faster?
3. I am a super noob and I want to access hardware setting within GUI, would WM like Ice WM allows me to do so easily?
4. Is there any online resources that you can recommend me for
- Linux command (shell command)?
- Type of file extension (what are the various types of file for? i.e. files extension for executable files and etc.)
- The various configuration files, their location and their purpose.
Thanks in advance.