1. Noobie install FC5; 2. FC5 spits out garbage after 'starting udev'
1. Noobie already running WinXP on Asus A78NX-x with AMD AthlonXP 2200+, 1.5Gb RAM, sb live! 5.1, ati radeon 9600, WD80Gb HDD w/ 8mb cache.
2. Partitioned 15Gb as ext2; 2Gb as fat32; 1.5Gb as linux swap. Installed FC5 with bundled Anaconda on ext2. Install 'successful'.
3. Reboot. FC5 bootloader comes up with winxp/fc5 choice. Choose FC5.
4. linux kernel appears to boot ok. Then...
5. 'starting udev'; pause. Then klingon/hexadecimal spat at me: see screenshot www njallan com/pic1.jpg Followed by 'continuing in 120 seconds'.
6. Patience... then more 'unintelligible' output: www njallan com/pic2.jpg. something to do with IRQs? system then hangs.
7. I reboot. I go to bios and disable 'usb legacy support' and 'apic'. This does not help; there is no difference on boot to FC5.
8. I enter ('pass'?) a command at the command line before boot: see www njallan com/pic3.jpg. I delete 'rhgb quiet' and type 'noacpi'. I then unplug all usb devices. I then boot.
9. system hangs again, as before.
What to do? I wanna be a 'Linux comrade'. sorry if i've broken a url policy to get you those screenshots.