Try following things:
1) Ensure SSH server daemon is running on your linux box. ( ps -eaf |
grep "[s]shd" )
On your windows 2000 box, do the following:
1) Download Tera Term SSH ( version 2.3 from the website
2) Download Tera Term SSH Extension (TTSSH)
3) Do "X forwarding" in U'r tera term Setup.
4) Download CYGWIN on your Windows 2000 box.
5) issue startx to start X-window using any of the mechanism described
on CYGWIN site.
6) start ttssh by providing the IP address or HOSTNAME of your Linux
7) Enter login and password to login to Linux box.
8) Once U get at the BASH SHELL, issue "startkde" OR "gnome-session"
9) Wait for a little while
10)Now you should get your Linix desktop on your windows box...
PS: Ensure you download tera term pro and its extension ...follow the
documentation provided. Refer to
for more help...
Best of Luck !!!
--The Linux Kid.