I am looking for video conference software and hardware for my startup business. I would like to have the following features, in descending order of importance:
- Open Source software and Open communication protocols, if possible.
- Compatible with Windows users on the other end.
- Secure (encrypted) communication.
- Possibility to record the conference.
- Best possible space and time definition.
- Reliable (if possible, 0 downtime, 0 interruptions)
One possible first candidate would be this
, but I'm sure there is more to VoIP than meets the eye.
I would also appreciate some pointers about protocols
to use, importance of servers
(or lack thereof) and finally the right hardware to purchase
(including mass storage
and storage format
I know it's a lot I'm asking for on this little post. However, my experience in this community has always been encouraging.
Thanks in advance.