Thanks for the reply! I now have this working. After I compiled the drivers I did a modprobe ath_pci. I revived a message Module ath_pci not found. I was in the directory where the modules resided and was looking at the files so I knew it was there. Being new to all this I figured that modprobe was the wrong thing to do so I tried insmod. Since the first two modules load I thought I was on the right track until I tried the ath_pci. Anyway I found a thread with someone that appeared to have the same problem and that fix my issue. When I compiled the drivers that wound up in /lib/modules/2.6.83/net directory. It should have been in /lib/modules/2.6.83.061905/net so I moved them, rebooted and did a modprobe ath_pci and low and behold it worked!!!!!