Student Trying to join SuSE 9.1 to Win2k3 Domain
Ok, I have followed the instructions to a "T" in the "by example" at samba.org for this project I am doing for my final in school.
Samba.org => by example => ch9 =>Active Directory Domain with Samba Domain Member Server & UNIX/Linux Client Domain Member.
But in the first part dealing with Domain Member Services when I run the "getent passwd" and "getent group" commands. It pulls from the files in the /etc and not the Win2k3 PDC. It seems I can join the domain, I can view users and groups via "wbinfo -u" & "wbinfo -g", but it wont let me log on.
1) SuSE 9.1 Pro
2) Samba 3.02
4) I have tryied config a seprate NTP server on my firewall and have tried pointing all my boxes to the win2k3 AD for NTP.
5) All dns is pointing to Win2k3.
6) All IP's are static.
A few questions I have to start this off with:
1) Can winbind and samba deal with supper--netting? ex 192.168.0.0/255.255.192.0
2) In SuSE using yast2, am I causing more problem by pre-setting up Kerberos and LDAP in the GUI?
3) The other thing I noticed was that in the gui, suse's smb client config can find and join a Win2k Adv Server Domain in 2000 native mode. But cant see a win2k3 in mixed mode. Yet Join using the "net ads join" command when win2k3 was in win2k3 Native mode. And my Question is, WHY?
Config files will be on my website by sun afternoon. Best way to contact me is via ICQ.
Thanks a Bunch
John F. Moore III