Strange PPPOE setup prob "NOT newbie"
Hi I had a running pppoe connection on debian...but my provider ran out of business so I got my connection from another provider "here in lebanon these things are not very organized"...anyhow...I configured pppoe.conf...and i ran the setup provided by roaring penguin in both cases I can connect successfuly without delay but both did not help...I could not ping google "nor did the ping resolve the ip of google.com" and my clients can not access the net.
I tested the connection a dlink router and it ran seamless. Apparently for the clients to access the net I must provdie them with a proxy...so they work.
I tested it with winXP it ran totally normal too...:S. Although I had to provide the server with a proxy in the internet explorer...
Now back to my debian box...all the info is fetched by DHCP...I checked my gateway and my dns server and they were the same as in linux...so what could be going on here... :S
I have to make this work...
Last edited by ALInux; 02-04-2006 at 12:56 PM.