Slax on USB with Intel 82566MM NIC - eth0 is "lost" after reboot
Hi, after hours of searching and trying... here i am.
- Lenovo Thinkpad T61
- Intel 82566MM Ethernet
- Slax 6.0.6 on a USB stick (all changes made directly on USB, without "rootcopy")
- NIC found as eth0
- downloaded the "e1000"-Module: "make install"
- added in rc.modules: "modprobe e1000" (works now after rebooting)
- manually loaded module: "modprobe e1000" (worked, checked with "lsmod")
- used network in that session
- everything ok
- first reboot after installing e1000-Module
- no eth0 present any longer!!!
does someone know where that comes from?
Found that problem when I googled, but seems it never occured just after a reboot.
Sorry, my fault.
Driver was already installed, I forgot to check this.
Re-installing went to the missing eth0, maybe some kind of conflict?
Of course it works out of the box... :-/
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 AM.|