Thanks for your responses.
Sounds like a general DNS problem. It could be that you have 127.0.0.1 mapped to localhost in /etc/hosts file, but don't have a valid /etc/resolv.conf
I've checked my host file and it looks like this
Looks ok to me.
I think you are saying about Reporting in username basis.It is possible by confirming the entry "user_ip no" in /etc/sarg/sarg.conf
May it help.
I've got this entry.
An other problem thats showing up is that I've also got a Windows 2003 Terminal server in the network and at the moment sarg only shows the usage from my terminal servers IP address. If sarge could show usernames (if possible to get it from active dir that would be great
) it would help a lot.
We are also using a dhcp server in the network so having sarg only showing lots of IP addresses is not too useful.