SAMBA, WINBIND and KERBEROS against Windows 2000 Active Directory
I really hope you can help me with the solution or at least ideas because I ran out.
Here is the scenario:
4 Mandriva servers running samba +kerberos and windbind they all authenticate against a Windows 2000 Active Directory.
All works fine but just a few minutes ago one of them, yes just one, stopped authenticating one user.
I check the AD user settings and they were OK, in fact I tested that specific account on the other servers and they where fine.
Now I stopped the smb service and deleted all the .tdb files, restart smb, restart winbind and still nothing.
After struggling with it I decided to reboot it, and if got fixed but the whole point is that is an extremly odd behaviour and I really want to know what might cause it.
2 of the servers are on a hosting facility for backup and if one of those ever have the same problem will be a 2 hour drive to reboot the darn thing.
Thanks a lot.