Linux - NetworkingThis forum is for any issue related to networks or networking.
Routing, network cards, OSI, etc. Anything is fair game.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
I am moving my work environment to Fedora Core 3 server. So I configured Samba, Winbibd and Squid to work together to authenticate Windows NT users and groups. I joined my Fedora box to AD problemlessly. Then every step towards normal processing is a nigthmare and takes so much time and effort.
Now I managed to have user level authentication in Squid for my acl filters. But when I tried to use external type acl Nt_group helper wbinfo_group.pl fails. I tracked down the problem and here what I have :
[root@squid]# wbinfo -n cmedic
S-1-5-21-2482416774-2700787018-2488919263-1127 Local Group (4)
[root@squid]# wbinfo -Y S-1-5-21-2482416774-2700787018-2488919263-1127
Could not convert sid S-1-5-21-2482416774-2700787018-2488919263-1127 to gid
[root@squid]# wbinfo -r username
Could not get groups for user username
So I have one more problem and feel like very tired from them and I am about to send everything very far away and simulate NT user groups in my Fedora box for squid authority manipulations.