Samba question (wbinfo -m)
I was able to get a linux box joined to a Windows 2000, and 2003 domain without too many issues, however when I go throught the procedure to add it to a new domain, some curious results happen. Here is what I do to change domains.
1. Deleted the /etc/secrets.tdb file.
2. Stop nmbd, and winbindd services.
3. smbpassword -j NEWDOMAIN -r NEWDC -U Administrator
4. Start nmbd, and winbindd.
5. wbinfo -t > Secret is good.
6. wbinfo -u > shows all of the users in the new domain.
7. wbinfo -g > shows all of the groups in the new domain.
8. wbinfo -w > shows the OLD domain!!!
I don't get that last part. The only thing I can think of is that the new domain has a trust with the old one. In fact it trusts the old one. But the new domain should show up there right?
I am using samba-2.2.7a-9.mdk.rpm, if that helps at all.