Linux - NetworkingThis forum is for any issue related to networks or networking.
Routing, network cards, OSI, etc. Anything is fair game.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
When adding the machine accounts to the domain, I recieved no error messages.
I did initially, but after overcoming alll the various problems (passwd, smbpasswd, smbusers, reg entries client side etc etc) I can freely join machines to the domain with no errors.
They all logon and authenticate to the domain perfectly, and once in, if I copy the batch file for the logon script to the xp box locally and run it from , say , the desktop, it will map al my drives ok, so I dont think it is a prob with the batch files themselves.
I have checked and checked again the smb.conf file, and all seems to be ok (works for 98 boxes)