Linux - NetworkingThis forum is for any issue related to networks or networking.
Routing, network cards, OSI, etc. Anything is fair game.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
I was setting up azureus on two computers.
I had a NAT error. so
I read some how to's on the internet and it
was suggested to set up the router with port
forward and port triggering.
I was not sure if I should set up one port
number, or a range
so I set up a range of about 100 ports
-port range forward
55000 to 55100 - for both ip addresses
-port range triggering
for that range of addresses
This worked and my download speed increased
and the NAT error went away.
however the problem is that when I rebooted one
of the computers, the web browsers on that computer
no longer can read web pages. (using wireless on usb)
(occasionally they will, but usually not)
this computer still downloads torrents though.
I dont want to reboot the other
computer and not be able to navigate
to the router with my web browser
should I just change these settings back
and hope for the best or did I set it up wrong
I am still only 60% finished downloading these files
so I dont want to kill these downloads by making
the wrong changes