Currently I run 3 systems in the household. One runs Windows XP Home which is a direct cable to the router. The other 2 are dual boot which run various operating systems. Both are wireless. System A is running Windows 2003 Web Server along with Gentoo 2005.1, Free BSD 6 and Ubuntu 5.10. System B is running Windows 2003 Ent Server, Windows 2000 Prof. and is topped off with Debian 3.1 r0a, Ubuntu 5.10, Fedora Core 2 and theres 2 others which I havent touched in a few weeks.
The router is a Belkin Wireless G Plus F5D7231-4 with firmware 4.07.07. The problem comes with all 3 systems working properly on the outside world. System B was meant to run as a File Server in the day and a whatever I please system at night. System A is my normal system which the original system is the house system. All 3 run FTP servers at all times because I tend to get bored and want to move stuff about.
None of the systems see one another in Workgroup or Domain setups. None can FTP to one another and none can FTP to the outside world. I've attempted to setup Virtual Servers in the router to no avail. I've done one better and DMZ'd the main system and that was also without luck.
By random chance tonight I decided to see if Apache was connecting through to the outside world and instead I recieved the Belkin Router Setup Utility. Being confused by this while also thinking it must be due to the local subnet I'm on, I called a friend, asked her to call my IP address through HTTP and see what she recieved. She ended up with the setup utility as well. Luckily for me, I never set anything up without checking for passwords it can use, so I'm safe with that.
I've restored the router to factory settings twice now as well as called belkin support (big mistake, I'll go into that at the bottom). Nothings worked, so now I've come to the experts. Anyone have any advice for someone such as myself?
Extra: Don't ever expect anything from Belkin support. All the "Techs" have less intelligence then a box of rocks when it comes to computers, much less wireless. I called about a Belkin card not working right and actually reading out with a different PCIID which called it a video card from a COMPLETELY different company. He didnt know what a PCIID was, nor how to fix the problem. To top that off, his solution was to return it and get a new one. Now that isnt me, so I pulled out some tricks, and managed to get it to work, barely, but it worked. Then I returned it
mmmm, boredom. Needless to say, I got stuck without a choice due to the return policy and needed to get the same product, so I have System A running a Belkin card and System B running a Linksys Card. And yes, I plan to get rid of the belkin card and router after christmas is up. Tight on money with gifts and all so I cant go get a new and pretty linksys router anytime soon.