Linux - NetworkingThis forum is for any issue related to networks or networking.
Routing, network cards, OSI, etc. Anything is fair game.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
I am having an odd problem with Roaming Profiles and Samba. I am running Samba 2.2.7 as a PDC on my home network and have two XP SP1 machines and one Win98 machine. Both XP machines have AutoAdminLogon on, and both automatically log into the same account at logon. My Laptop, a PII-266 works perfectly every time. My desktop machine (an Athalon XP1800) can't find the roaming profile on the first logon. In other words, when I boot up, it says that it can't find the roaming profile. But if I log off and log right back on, it loads the roaming profile just fine. (I have confirmed that this is the case from the User Profiles screen.) I know about all of the policies needed for XP to work (SignOrSeal, etc), as well as the XP SP1 policy relating to ownership of roaming profiles and have set them accordingly. I have even tried setting the "Slow network connection timeout for roaming profiles" policy to a ridiculous 20000 msec, but it has no effect. (It doesn't actually wait 20 seconds, either...it just instantly fails) I have also tried disabling AutoAdminLogon and waiting a little while before logging on after rebooting, but it always fails on the first logon! HELP!