Really strange browsing problem
Lately I've been having a really strange browsing problem.
Here's my setup.
Internet Connection: DSL-PPPoE
-Configured the router to use its DHCP server.
-Used Slack's netconfig util to configure the DHCP client.
Router (D-Link DPT DI-704P)
--A. 5-port Switch
--------1. My own computer (Let's call it PC1)
--------2. Another computer
--------3. Another computer
--B. Single computer
(A and B directly connected to the router; 1,2,3 connected to A)
Under linux in PC1, I can't visit some sites, particularly .org domains and some subdomains, e.g. ctan.org, fluxbox.sourceforge.net. I tried pinging the said sites only to get "host not found" errors. Yet I can visit some subdomains like groups.yahoo.com. When I used the router's own ping tool it reported that it was able to ping the sites that I was not able to ping under linux.
However, under windoze in PC1, I can visit the said sites without any problems.
So now I am quite confused whether it is a problem with the hub, or with how linux interacts with the router, or it's something really mysterious that I am not supposed to discover.