Linux - NetworkingThis forum is for any issue related to networks or networking.
Routing, network cards, OSI, etc. Anything is fair game.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
I did something wrong somewhere, because this was working before I started tinkering with the smbconf file using gedit (lesson learned, but I normally don't trust the GUI).
Here is the output when I try to run the Samba Server Config tool from a command line...
[root@localhost /]# redhat-config-samba
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/redhat-config-samba/redhat-config-samba.py", line 20, in ?
File "/usr/share/redhat-config-samba/mainWindow.py", line 58, in __init__
self.samba_data = sambaParser.SambaParser(self)
File "/usr/share/redhat-config-samba/sambaParser.py", line 24, in __init__
File "/usr/share/redhat-config-samba/sambaParser.py", line 55, in parseFile
token = self.createToken(line)
File "/usr/share/redhat-config-samba/sambaParser.py", line 127, in createToken token = sambaToken.SambaToken(sambaToken.SambaToken.SAMBA_TOKEN_KEYVAL, (name, value), self.parent)
File "/usr/share/redhat-config-samba/sambaToken.py", line 20, in __init__
raise AttributeError, value
AttributeError: ('only guest', 'yes')
This may seem a bit crazy, but until I could find the actual error, I commented out lines 19 & 20 of /usr/share/redhat-config-samba/sambaToken.py and it looks like it's working fine.
I'll post again when I've found the actual error - but I'm pretty sure it's got nothing to do with your samba configuration.
Note that I'm not recomending this as a fix - those line appear to specifically exists so that if the app thinks there's something wrong with it, it can exit gracefully. However, it does look usable in this state (for the moment anyway)