I'm running Ubuntu Feisty, and I have a US Robotics modem. After some trouble I made it connect to the ISP.
Well, right now, I have an odd problem:
Using Kppp I connect to my ISP. Then pppd starts and authentificates through CHAP. Then the Kppp window goes into the tray (meaning connection established). At this point, I can:
* ping any website (ex: ping google.com)
* get any index page (ex: wget http://www.forum.md/)
* open ssh connections
* update packages through Adept (graphical package manager for ubuntu)
But(!), I can't:
* open any website through Konqueror (says it can't find host)
* connect to any IM network through Kopete
It seems like any non-graphical application run from the terminal can connect to the internet, while some graphical applications can't.
So the question is: What is the problem?
Thanks in advance.