PopTop (pptpd) server: authenticate against LDAP or User DB?
I just installed the new POPTOP server (v1.1.4b4) , along with PPPd (v 2.4.2) on a Redhat system.
Linux prism 2.4.20-8 #1 Thu Mar 13 17:54:28 EST 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux.
I am using a WinXP Pro client to connect to my Redhat server that houses the POPTOP server. I have been able to connect (albeit after a lot of headaches)
My question is:
1. Can the POTOP server authenticate incoming users against:
- an LDAP server?
- an arbitrary User DB (preferably RDBMS, like MySQL)
If so, how might one configure the PPTPd configurations to support the above options.
2. Can the PPTPd server log structured / formatted events:
- in syslog
- in a user defined logfile
- in a socket descriptor instead of a file?
Any help appreciated!!