Hey guys, I am very new to Ubuntu Linux and I have NO IDEA how to connect online with it.
I installed it and everything is working fine, I just need to get it online but I have no clue how to. If anyone can/will help I will also need very detailed instructions and no abbreviations!
am I going to need a blank cd or external HDD for thisÉÉ (and why the hell do I get that symbol when I try to put a question mark)
If anyone can rewrite this in actual legible english for me...
1) I installed ubuntu hardy 64bit, i has build-essential package installed
2) Then i downloaded the linux driver from: http://support.asus.com/download/dow...model=P5KPL-CM
(as per my original post)
3) I then transfered the driver via usb stick to my laptop and unpacked the zip. (Actually i unpacked it on windows first as it has a .rar file that i could not unpack on linux Then i packed it up again on windows).
4) cd into <HOME_DIR>/LinuxDrivers/L1e_Lan/l1e-l2e-linux-v220.127.116.11/src
5) then i ran: sudo KBUILD_NOPEDANTIC=1 make
6) then i ran: sudo KBUILD_NOPEDANTIC=1 make install
7) that worked and put a driver in /lib/modules/2.6.24-16-generic/kernel/drivers/net/atl1e/at1le.ko
8 ) i cd into that director and i run: sudo insmod ./atl1e.ko
Thanks alot in advance.