Adding NFS option "soft" in fstab results in "mount.nfs: an incorrect mount option was specified
" on mount with -o remount. When "soft" is removed from fstab the same command completes silently.
- ubuntu 8.04.3 host running:
- Bridging (bridge-utils 1.2-2)
- NFS server (nfs-kernel-server 1:1.1.2-2ubuntu2.2)
- VirtualBox 3.0.6 with Slackware VM NIC configured as Bridged tap1
- Slackware 13 guest. If NFS client software version is required, please tell me how to find it!
Option "soft" is wanted because Slackware sometimes looses the NFS connection with the host and this hangs shutdown. Otherwise the NFS mount works fine.
man 5 nfs on Slackware shows "soft" as an option.
Here's the relevant host exports and guest fstab lines
192.168.1.47:/home /home/c/hh nfs bg,rw,soft 0 0