No I don't have Admin rights on the Windows XP box... That's the part I'm having trouble with.
These are the steps I did :
1. Setup the Machine name on the Linux PDC - Lets call it machine$
2. also added the machine name to the smbpasswd samba program
3. Setup the new user - Let's call it Bob
4. Added the new user to the smbpasswd program
5. on the LOCAL Windows XP box I went to Administrative Tools, Computer Management, Local Users and Groups, then Groups, and then Administrators... Opened that up and added \\Linux\bob and it was added ok without any trouble, (I had to use the Root and password to access the domain to add him so it talked to the PDC correctly etc.
6. Logged off the Local Administrator account
7. Logged back into the Domain with the following info :
User : Bob
Password : XXXX
Domain : Linux
8. Login and everything worked great, it executed the Login Script, Mapped Network drives etc etc
9. But the user doesn't have ADMIN rights like I would have expected. And have setup on a work system using XP and Windows NT. Should the user have admin rights just like on a windows domain in the same fasion? I wonder if any of my Local Group Policeys are balled up or something?