Linux - NetworkingThis forum is for any issue related to networks or networking.
Routing, network cards, OSI, etc. Anything is fair game.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
SDN 101: An Introduction to Software Defined Networking
Discover the advantages of SDN.
SDN has quickly become one of the hottest trends in IT. But not all SDN solutions offer real software-defined functionality. As more enterprises consider SDN, they want to know, “What is SDN? And what are the real benefits?” If you're ready to explore the advantages of SDN, and want to know how it should be implemented within your enterprise, start by reading our introductory white paper.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
I too am running Suse on a DSL router, but having a different problem. I have 3 Suse 9.3 system running on my home network. I have had the same type of problem even with Suse 9.2 and Ubuntu. The problem is, when I change my network environment my linux boxes have limited internet access. Gaim stops signing in to my MSN and yahoo accounts, hotmail, MSN, and other websites are not available.
My network environment used to be a DSL router to a Wireless router with 4 wired connections. Now I was able to get rid of the wireless router and use the DSL wireless capability so now it is the DSL router to just an unmanaged switch.
When I did that my IP addresses changed and the DNS information stayed the same but without access to a lot of web sites. My Windows XP boxes took the change without much of a headache. But my Linux boxes didn't like the change.
I did this once before and ended up reloading the linux OS from scratch. It works but I really don't want to reload 3 boxes with 9.3 again.