I Need Help With Bind,squid,nat & Proxy
i am trying to configure a LINUX BOX as a proxying cache and nat box with firewall.
i configure the DHCP server well with it giving out IPs to the client systems.
1. i ll like to know that in the dhcpd.conf file, do i need to add anything to the ddns style update?
2. do i need to include anything like
option routers 192.168.0.1
the server ip is 192.168.0.1
......thats for the DHCP
1. how many master zones do i need to have.
i have a root, master for localhost, master for 127.0.0 and a forward zone where the isp dns servers are put.
do u know anything about this whois server version 1.3?
1. i didnt create a special partition for /usr and /var. will it affect its fucntioning?
2. who has rights to the cache directory? squid or root
3. what other tricks can u give me for bind config?