LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Networking (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-networking-3/)
-   -   getting through firewall (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-networking-3/getting-through-firewall-841111/)

ultimate_linux 10-29-2010 03:23 AM

getting through firewall
 
our university blocked some websites from its wi-fi.to access those websites from my laptop,what should I do??
I'm aware of proxifier in windows,I'd happy if anything like proxifier is available for my Ubuntu 10.04.
thanx in advance.

acid_kewpie 10-29-2010 03:28 AM

What should you do? You should adhere to their security policies, it's their network, not yours.

*cough*tor*cough*

feinbein 10-29-2010 03:30 AM

If you have another linuxmachine outside your university you could use that via an ssh-tunnel or some vpn-solution to circonvent the universities firewall completely.

feinbein 10-29-2010 03:32 AM

Good point Chris! Whats with your health?

f14f21 10-29-2010 05:28 AM

they probably use squid to block you from those websites, the setting is in the server and you cant do anything but hacking that server !
if you hacked server and accessed to squid.conf let me know to give you other instruction !

acid_kewpie 10-29-2010 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f14f21 (Post 4143152)
they probably use squid to block you from those websites, the setting is in the server and you cant do anything but hacking that server !
if you hacked server and accessed to squid.conf let me know to give you other instruction !

Sorry, are you suggesting he hack into a server?? Seriously?? Your answer suggests you have a really really bad knowledge of the factors involved, and I'd advise you not to ever advocate things like this if you wish to remain a member of this site.

f14f21 10-29-2010 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acid_kewpie (Post 4143158)
Sorry, are you suggesting he hack into a server?? Seriously??

that was a joke !

f14f21 10-29-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acid_kewpie (Post 4143158)
.. I'd advise you not to ever advocate things like this if you wish to remain a member of this site.

i don't like your thread. that was a joke and you are so childish. dont ever talk like that .

acid_kewpie 10-29-2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f14f21 (Post 4143281)
i don't like your thread. that was a joke and you are so childish. dont ever talk like that .

I don't understand why what I said could be seen as childish in the slightest, unlike apparent "jokes" about hacking servers, which is extremely childish. Either way, please don't joke about things like that as humour can very easily be lost once it's written down.

f14f21 10-29-2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acid_kewpie (Post 4143299)
I don't understand why what I said could be seen as childish in the slightest, unlike apparent "jokes" about hacking servers, which is extremely childish. Either way, please don't joke about things like that as humour can very easily be lost once it's written down.

even at your first post you did know that was joke but you want show yourself as honest man/woman, we all got that, Mr Honest.

acid_kewpie 10-29-2010 09:36 AM

You think what you like. Thread closed as it's clearly not going to improve. I would advise the OP to post a new thread normally, but given the question, it is not really appropriate anyway.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 AM.