Hi, here's the problem.
I moved my computers around for dusting purpose. Before moving, everything was working fine. I use my main computer (Windows XP) to play games and SSH on my Linux box (Red Hat 8).
My Linux has apache, proftp, etc.
My computers are linked together with a router which is cable connected to my modem.
What works :
- Windows can access my Linux's web pages.
- Windows can access router's administration web page.
- Windows can access the web.
- Linux box can access it's own web pages via LAN address.
- Linux can ssh connect to Windows XP CygWin.
- Linux can access router's administration web page.
What doesn't work :
- Linux Box CAN'T access the web ... except for one thing, i can retrieve address from traceroute :
root:~ $ traceroute www.google.com
traceroute: Warning: www.google.com
has multiple addresses; using 18.104.22.168
socket: Network is unreachable
I looked at my /etc/resolv.conf and the address of my router is correctly set as default gateway :
root:~ $ less /etc/resolv.conf
; generated by /sbin/dhclient-script
I tried to run the script to rebuilt this file but i had to use another one :
root:~ $ /sbin/dhclient-script
/sbin/dhclient-script: configuration for not found.
root:~ $ /sbin/dhclient eth0
Internet Software Consortium DHCP Client V3.0pl1
Copyright 1995-2001 Internet Software Consortium.
All rights reserved.
Listening on LPF/eth0/00:05:5d:07:f7:46
Sending on LPF/eth0/00:05:5d:07:f7:46
Sending on Socket/fallback
DHCPREQUEST on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67
DHCPACK from 192.168.0.1
/sbin/dhclient-script: line 190: route: command not found
bound to 192.168.0.127 -- renewal in 269356 seconds.
I tried to look at that file but I get the following message :
root:~ $ ls -al /sbin/route
ls: /sbin/route: Input/output error
Can anyone give me a hint ?