Fedora Core 2 Mail server ssl and smtp configuration steps
I have Fedora Core 2 Linux Version installed in my computer. I have already setup to work as a mail server using sendmail and Dovecot. Kernel version: 2.6.5-1.358.
Now Iam trying to setup SSL and SMTP authentication in my computer. But iam not able to do it.
The following is wht i tried:
1) I edited the /etc/mail/sendmail.mc file and uncommented the foll lines:
define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A p y')dnl
TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`EXTERNAL DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `EXTERNAL GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM- MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')
2) I created a new ceritificate for sendmail using the command,
3) I also updated the sendmail.mc file with
4) I restarted sendmail, saslauthd and xinetd services.
And when I try to send a mail using Outlook express ( Winxp m/c), it says 454 TLS Not available due to Temporary reasons.
5) I also checked /etc/pam.d/smtp file, following is the contents of the file.
auth required pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account required pam_stack.so service=system-auth
Can anyone help me