FC4 Networking Not Working (New to Linux)
I'm another one new to Linux. Just installed FC4 (wish to be consistent with the office) on an old desktop, and can't seem to get the Network to work past my router. I am trying to use a static IP, as I hope to build a basic web server. I've looked through many posts and nothing seems to be working. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
- I am able to ping the router (192.168.100.1)
- Pining an external Domain name = unknown host
- I've turned off the FC4 firewall
PC: PIII 450 / ~384 RAM (NIC = Net Gear 10/100/1,000)
Router: Linksys BEFW11S4
Devices: eth0 (active)
Hardware: Realteck Semiconductor Co., Ltc. RTL-8169 Gig...
- Hostname: localhost.localdomain
- Primary DNS: 188.8.131.52
- Secondary DNS: 184.108.40.206
- Tertiary DNS: 220.127.116.11
- DNS Search Path: localdomain
CONTENTS of /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0:
EDIT: I also noticed that my routing table seems off, but I'm not sure how to revise this? Result of route -n:
Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway GenMask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
192.168.100.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0
169.254.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 U 0 0 0 eth0
Any suggestions? If not, is there a "wipe the slate clean and start from scratch guide" on just networking?
Thanks, in advance, for any assistance you can offer!
Last edited by BenCougar; 10-08-2006 at 10:07 AM.