eth0 device cannot be located, nVidia onboard device
Hello, I were helping a friend set up a eth0 type network, static IP, on his machine so that he could connect to his xbox. He already had a pppo type set up and functioning, dynamic IP.
We tried the eth0 network and it did as it was supposed to. With that fixed we tried to start his internet connection again, after ensuring that all cables had been replaced. But it didn't work at all. We have tried deleting all the old configurations and created new ones using both the /sbin/adsl-setup and the internet configuration wizard. After a while we decided that maybe we should reboot, just in case there was something.... horribly wrong or something. But to no avail, the eth0 device didn't even load and is not existing at all anymore.
We also did lsmod and found that nvnet is not loaded, I don't know if the nvidia module works with the eth0... I don't have any outputs as of now, I might be able to get some tomorrow.
Just a few pointers and we might be able to fix this ourselves.. We aren't really any good with the whole networking watchamacallit.
EDIT: I accidentally hit return as I was editing the title and the message was posted incompletely, sorry for any inconvenience.
EDIT2: I already posted this on the wireless networking by mistake. I will try to remove it, if not I will report it and have the moderators delete it. I am sorry.