DNS is hosed, machine disappears from net
I have been bringing up a new VPS hosted box and having DNS issues.
Here's the history:
- Get a static IP addy and name from GoDaddy years ago. Park them there. Forget about them.
- Get a VPS host package, intending to use the domain name parked at GoDaddy. Get a new IP addy (220.127.116.11) with the package.
- Bring up the machine using the domain name that is parked at GoDaddy, but the new IP address.
- Go to GoDaddy and enter names of VPS service's DNS servers. Note that whois notices the change. Machine will ping and telnet but there are problems configuring mail.
- On the VPS service's site, belatedly enter the names of their DNS servers. Hit OK, and wait a bit.
- Machine will not ping or telnet using it's domain name. Can ping it's ip address or ssh in to it but get complaint that rDNS is hosed, so ssh thinks I am a burglar (not surprising).
What is going on??? Domain is rileyware.com