DHCP CLIENT Issue w/ ISP DHCP Server
EVN: F13, dhclient-4.1.1-15.fc13.i686, ISP Connectivity: Cable, Provider: Timewarner
My public interface (eth0) successfully gets a *real* public IP address from my ISP DHCP server; HOWEVER.....here's the issue:
- Valid public IP that the dhcp client gets from ISP is on 126.96.36.199
network. After getting the IP lease, I am ONLINE w/ the Internet.
- In obtaining/renewing the client lease from the ISP, my dhcp client
reports the DHCP server to be a bogus/"non-existant" server with the
- Eventhough, the client ALREADY has received an IP from the server,
it CONTINUES to repeatedly send DHCPREQUEST to 10.186.96.1.
- My custom & kernel logs get huge with the nonsense DHCPREQUEST entries
- IPTables report the 10.186.96.1 to be from a BROADCAST MAC ADDRESS
Any help/suggestion would be much appreciated.
Last edited by email@example.com; 08-26-2010 at 09:14 AM.