LinuxQuestions.org
Go Job Hunting at the LQ Job Marketplace
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Networking
User Name
Password
Linux - Networking This forum is for any issue related to networks or networking.
Routing, network cards, OSI, etc. Anything is fair game.

Notices



Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2008, 10:56 PM   #1
phase_ram
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 20

Rep: Reputation: 0
Develop chat program using SCTP protocol


Could any one help me in developing chat program using SCTP protocol in java??? I have got the package that work in java. But the provider said me about modifying the dk_i1_sctp_SCTPSocket.cc file depending on the
version of lksctp installed on machine. But i don't have the knowledge of changing that .cc file. The program get compiled but when i run using "java SCTPTest" then there appears the problem. How could i run that program in redhat environment. If any one has answer and further query then contact me.
 
Old 11-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
TB0ne
Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 15,105

Rep: Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720
Quote:
Originally Posted by phase_ram View Post
Could any one help me in developing chat program using SCTP protocol in java??? I have got the package that work in java. But the provider said me about modifying the dk_i1_sctp_SCTPSocket.cc file depending on the
version of lksctp installed on machine. But i don't have the knowledge of changing that .cc file. The program get compiled but when i run using "java SCTPTest" then there appears the problem. How could i run that program in redhat environment. If any one has answer and further query then contact me.
No, that's not usually the way it works around here. I doubt anyone is going to email you...if you'd like the answer, you'll have to also participate in the forums.

Your question is very vague...you say you had to modify a certain file, but don't say how. You also say it gets compiled, "there appears the problem"....WHAT problem? What error(s) are you getting?

And if your provider gave you this information to start with, have you contacted your provider for help, regarding their instructions???
 
Old 11-05-2008, 02:49 AM   #3
phase_ram
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 20

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
thanks n help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
No, that's not usually the way it works around here. I doubt anyone is going to email you...if you'd like the answer, you'll have to also participate in the forums.

Your question is very vague...you say you had to modify a certain file, but don't say how. You also say it gets compiled, "there appears the problem"....WHAT problem? What error(s) are you getting?

And if your provider gave you this information to start with, have you contacted your provider for help, regarding their instructions???
Thanks for ur response n i am very pleased that somebody has responsed me.If u provide me the mail address then i will provide u the package or i will provide u the link which he has provided to me

http://i1.dk/JavaSCTP/dist/JavaSCTP-0-5-7-src.tar.gz


After extracting it i tried to run the program SCTPTest.java but i couldn't do it.When i tried to run the following error appears:

[root@localhost JavaSCTP-0-5-7-src.tar.gz_FILES]# java SCTPTest

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no dk_i1_sctp in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1709)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1030)
at dk.i1.sctp.SCTPSocket.<clinit>(SCTPSocket.java:14)
at SCTPTest.main(SCTPTest.java:12)

How could i resolve this problem??I think u have the answer. If no answer then how could i build the chat program using SCTP protocol in java. If u have any idea then share with me and help me in building it then i will be gratefull to u.
Hoping for ur reply.

Regards
Ram
 
Old 11-05-2008, 09:17 AM   #4
TB0ne
Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 15,105

Rep: Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720
Quote:
Originally Posted by phase_ram View Post
If u provide me the mail address then i will provide u the package or i will provide u the link which he has provided to me

After extracting it i tried to run the program SCTPTest.java but i couldn't do it.When i tried to run the following error appears:

[root@localhost JavaSCTP-0-5-7-src.tar.gz_FILES]# java SCTPTest

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no dk_i1_sctp in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1709)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1030)
at dk.i1.sctp.SCTPSocket.<clinit>(SCTPSocket.java:14)
at SCTPTest.main(SCTPTest.java:12)

How could i resolve this problem??I think u have the answer. If no answer then how could i build the chat program using SCTP protocol in java. If u have any idea then share with me and help me in building it then i will be gratefull to u.
I will not fix your program for you. You still don't say how you modified the program, or what you've tried, other than trying to run it. If you got this from someone else, with instructions, I suggest you contact them, and get their help.

It seems like you're missing a part of the program you need. Follow the instructions you were provided with that program.
 
Old 11-06-2008, 01:27 AM   #5
phase_ram
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 20

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
I will not fix your program for you. You still don't say how you modified the program, or what you've tried, other than trying to run it. If you got this from someone else, with instructions, I suggest you contact them, and get their help.

It seems like you're missing a part of the program you need. Follow the instructions you were provided with that program.
He has provided me the .tar.gz file n he told me to run the program that he has provided n i couldn't do it. And tried to contact him but he didn't reply me. I have send many emails to him but he didn't reply to me. I am in a serious problem. Could u help me to build the chat program using sctp in ur own coz sctp is not supported by java so i need a compiler to compile the program that was provided by that man please check the link n tell me what file is missing i'll tried to contact him n tell him about the missing file.

Regards
Ram
 
Old 11-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #6
TB0ne
Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 15,105

Rep: Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720
Quote:
Originally Posted by phase_ram View Post
He has provided me the .tar.gz file n he told me to run the program that he has provided n i couldn't do it. And tried to contact him but he didn't reply me. I have send many emails to him but he didn't reply to me. I am in a serious problem. Could u help me to build the chat program using sctp in ur own coz sctp is not supported by java so i need a compiler to compile the program that was provided by that man please check the link n tell me what file is missing i'll tried to contact him n tell him about the missing file.

Regards
Ram
Again, no...I will not build or debug your program for you.

You still have not said how you modified the program, what you've tried, or provided any details about what the provider told you. Get him to help you, since you won't provide any information for folks here to try to help you.
 
Old 05-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #7
santhu538
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2010
Posts: 1

Rep: Reputation: 0
Chat program using sctp over sip?

Hi friends.
I need this kind of chat program using sctp over sip .
Does anybody has any idea?
Please help me.

Thank you.
 
Old 05-19-2010, 08:44 PM   #8
TB0ne
Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 15,105

Rep: Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720Reputation: 2720
Quote:
Originally Posted by santhu538 View Post
Hi friends.
I need this kind of chat program using sctp over sip .
Does anybody has any idea?
Please help me.

Thank you.
Don't reopen two-year old threads, and then hijack them with your own question. Google can provide you links to such programs. Start there
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Let us develop a C program to resolve the Sudoku square ewt3y Programming 21 08-30-2005 01:09 PM
project on secure stream control transmission protocol(SCTP) monindra Fedora - Installation 1 05-29-2005 04:47 AM
Wondering if I should use JAVA or UNIX scripts to develop a program pedrosan Programming 4 05-22-2004 08:35 AM
howto use kdevelop to develop and debug a console program vasanthraghavan Programming 5 05-15-2004 01:23 AM
How can I develop the audio program in linux? fliny Programming 3 10-03-2003 08:17 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration