connecting to internet through tata indicom modem
I want to connect to intenet in my mandrake linux through tata indicom modem.
Whenever i configure internet using 'kppp' command and try to connect, i get the error as 'no carrier detected'. If i give query modem, all fields were empty.
we are in the same train
i m also facing the same problem
i u have got the solution then plz mail me too
1. Open a terminal window.
2. Log in as root, i.e. type “su -” sans the quotes and enter the root password.
3. Then use vi to edit/create the following file “/etc/wvdial.conf”.
4. Enter the following text into it.
Dial Command = ATDT
FlowControl= Hardware (CRTSCTS)
Stupid Mode= 1
Inherits = Modem0
5. In the above change the Modem=/dev/ttyUSB0 to what ever your device name is, you should be able to see it while the OS is booting, else give the “dmesg” command and search in that.
6. Final step is give the command “wvdial tata”, and if everything is proper you should now be connected to the net.
7. Press “Ctrl+c” when you want to disconnect.
I have tried this on ubuntu. Should work for u too.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 PM.|