Originally Posted by email from Verbal_Kint
Thank you for the answer but I am very new to all of this. Can you please tell me what I am looking for in the firewall/ip tables......Thanks.
1. this is a thread specific q. so post it to the thread
this enables everybody to help and also helps those you might just be searching via google or LQ
for thread content.
2. please note my sig: it's Nathanael!
3. there is no shame in stating one is a noob or unfamiliar with something. if it belongs to the thread post it to the thread.
4. it is generally not adviseable to continue a thread via email to somebody who helped before in the thread, as people might want to opt out, or might wait for other users responses. members dont hog threads like bug-tickets :-) other members might be a bit faster too
some members also get emails from LQ as soon as there has been an update to a subscribed thread (as you might have gathered yourself)
5. run iptables-save and post the output here
6. it's midnight here - that means bed time for me + a long weekend, that means 'no Nathanael for the next 4 days' for you :-P