LinuxQuestions.org
Did you know LQ has a Linux Hardware Compatibility List?
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Networking
User Name
Password
Linux - Networking This forum is for any issue related to networks or networking.
Routing, network cards, OSI, etc. Anything is fair game.

Notices

Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2004, 02:18 AM   #1
311Sam
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Location: waco, tx
Distribution: slackware & kubuntu
Posts: 108

Rep: Reputation: 15
Anyone Got A Traffic Control Script??


im using a modified version of wonder shaper right now to control my traffic.

Ive been trying to find a good trafic control script in htb instead of cbq for awhile now but i havent had any luck at all


Does any one have any good scripts for htb out there??
 
Old 06-03-2004, 08:03 AM   #2
Oliv'
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jan 2004
Location: Montpellier (France)
Distribution: Gentoo
Posts: 1,014

Rep: Reputation: 36
Hi,

I've used HTB-init for a while (link here )... At the beginning I've found it very good, but I have had some network config change (my upload bandwidth becomes 256K instead of 128K) and it sets me a lot of trouble.
In theory, you just have to change one or two parameters for a class, and re-run the script and everything should be fine... But I don't know why, it didn't want to take my new config in consideration... So I have had to found another solution with the ADSL-bandwidth management Howto
As a summary, I think this script is great but only for high rate (1M and over)

Oliv'
 
Old 06-03-2004, 01:12 PM   #3
frostschutz
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2004
Distribution: Gentoo
Posts: 63

Rep: Reputation: 16
Re: Anyone Got A Traffic Control Script??

Quote:
Does any one have any good scripts for htb out there??
You didn't write a thing about what kind of shaping you want.
For standalone linux routers and bandwidth sharing among users in the LAN,
I wrote this script: http://www.metamorpher.de/fairnat

For single user, Wondershaper (or alike) will do better.
 
Old 06-22-2004, 11:13 AM   #4
311Sam
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Location: waco, tx
Distribution: slackware & kubuntu
Posts: 108

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally posted by Oliv'
Hi,

I've used HTB-init for a while (link here )... At the beginning I've found it very good, but I have had some network config change (my upload bandwidth becomes 256K instead of 128K) and it sets me a lot of trouble.
In theory, you just have to change one or two parameters for a class, and re-run the script and everything should be fine... But I don't know why, it didn't want to take my new config in consideration... So I have had to found another solution with the ADSL-bandwidth management Howto
As a summary, I think this script is great but only for high rate (1M and over)

Oliv'
the problem with htbinit is that i cant figure it out I basicly want something to do the job that the wondershaper script i got right now is doing but will allow sharing between classes of unsed traffic. I really only need about 3 classes, hi prio, med, and low. Eventialy i will need to share bandwidth between multiple ip's but right now its just me using this connection. Can i set up a bulk class with htb init and add like 5 or so ports to it for p2p apps or do i have to make seperate files for it?



Quote:
Originally posted by frostschutz
You didn't write a thing about what kind of shaping you want.
For standalone linux routers and bandwidth sharing among users in the LAN,
I wrote this script: http://www.metamorpher.de/fairnat

For single user, Wondershaper (or alike) will do better.

thats a very nice script you got there! I like it but it seems to be set up for multiple users not multiple port priorities.. But its still great though!

Last edited by 311Sam; 06-22-2004 at 11:15 AM.
 
Old 06-22-2004, 05:17 PM   #5
311Sam
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Location: waco, tx
Distribution: slackware & kubuntu
Posts: 108

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 15
alright never mind, i found a good script

 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
traffic control experiment bruj3w Linux - Networking 5 12-15-2007 03:44 AM
squid traffic control tarak4u Linux - Networking 0 03-17-2004 02:52 AM
help me out with this traffic control troubles!!! debloxie Linux - Networking 0 02-22-2004 09:45 AM
traffic control sunreflex4 Linux - Networking 1 03-23-2003 11:52 AM
about traffic control in redhat 7.1 cmardhekar Linux - Networking 2 12-21-2001 01:37 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration