My Mandrake 9.2 installation has thrown me a curve-ball.
After having a successfull run with Mandrake 9.1, I installed 9.2 on my system over the weekend.
The 9.1 setup used a static IP and there we no problems with the NIC detection or configuration. Under 9.1 Proftpd, Apache, and Galleon/Mozilla all functioned normally.
I know the cliche. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!! But I couldn't help myself
Here is the Problem:
I used exactly the same network configuration for 9.2 as I did for 9.1, but Galleon and Mozilla will not connect to the Internet. What has me confused is that I can access all Proftpd accounts, and all websites hosted by Apache from remote computers. All can be accessed through both the IP address and the domain names. The NIC also responds when pinged.
The eth0 settings seem to be in order
As a desperate measure I even swaped out the NIC (changed an older D-Link 530 for a D-Link 538 TX). After ensuring proper detection and configuration, nothing changed.
This problem has me pulling what little hair I have left out!!