LinuxQuestions.org
Go Job Hunting at the LQ Job Marketplace
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Linux Mint
User Name
Password
Linux Mint This forum is for the discussion of Linux Mint.

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2011, 02:41 PM   #1
galen
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2003
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Distribution: LinuxMint, PartedMagic, Puppy, xubuntu. BOYCOTTING: Vector, Beatrix, BLAG, Slackware
Posts: 63
Blog Entries: 1

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
My over reaction re: Grave matter of trust regarding linuxmint


Yikes my post was over zealous, and I apologize for the style used.
I should know better, gees.
 
Old 08-23-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
dugan
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Location: Canada
Distribution: distro hopper
Posts: 4,771

Rep: Reputation: 1468Reputation: 1468Reputation: 1468Reputation: 1468Reputation: 1468Reputation: 1468Reputation: 1468Reputation: 1468Reputation: 1468Reputation: 1468
Your rating of several of the posts in that thread "not helpful" was overzealous too. There was nothing whatsoever wrong with those posts (least of all mine).

If you're having second thoughts, then you can email Jeremy to have the ratings reversed.

Last edited by dugan; 08-23-2011 at 03:05 PM.
 
0 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:15 PM   #3
XavierP
Moderator
 
Registered: Nov 2002
Location: Kent, England
Distribution: Lubuntu
Posts: 19,176
Blog Entries: 4

Rep: Reputation: 430Reputation: 430Reputation: 430Reputation: 430Reputation: 430
Excellent, we should all move on as everything is marvellous.
 
Old 08-23-2011, 04:42 PM   #4
unSpawn
Moderator
 
Registered: May 2001
Posts: 27,470
Blog Entries: 54

Rep: Reputation: 2901Reputation: 2901Reputation: 2901Reputation: 2901Reputation: 2901Reputation: 2901Reputation: 2901Reputation: 2901Reputation: 2901Reputation: 2901Reputation: 2901
Now hear this CFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by galen View Post
Yikes my post was over zealous, and I apologize for the style used.
I should know better, gees.
As fellow LQ member and as moderator I have a problem accepting your apology. While in hindsight you may now view your tone of voice as ill-fitting it first and foremost is your position that needs adjustment: the rest will flow naturally from that. As was pointed out this is not the first time you have had trouble with other fora on the 'net and it is not the first time you have misbehaved here. And now it seems you have added to that a kind of persistence expressing your problems I hoped our friendly nudges would indicate we do not need here.

I point out we have been lenient with you ever since your 2004 "accident" but there comes a point where I choose what benefits our community over what benefits a single individual. So, to keep LQ a friendly and fun place for everybody I ask of you the following.

And you should hear this CFB: feel free to post about any technical issues but from this point do not post any issues concerning your dealings with other fora be it in the form of comments, rants or questions.

If you have any comments or questions feel free to email me or any of my fellow moderators.
 
2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:19 AM   #5
galen
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2003
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Distribution: LinuxMint, PartedMagic, Puppy, xubuntu. BOYCOTTING: Vector, Beatrix, BLAG, Slackware
Posts: 63
Blog Entries: 1

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugan View Post
Your rating of several of the posts in that thread "not helpful" was overzealous too. There was nothing whatsoever wrong with those posts (least of all mine).

If you're having second thoughts, then you can email Jeremy to have the ratings reversed.
Yes I don't find personal attacks helpful, am I required to mark posts helpful to appease and tow the line?
 
0 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:37 AM   #6
galen
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2003
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Distribution: LinuxMint, PartedMagic, Puppy, xubuntu. BOYCOTTING: Vector, Beatrix, BLAG, Slackware
Posts: 63
Blog Entries: 1

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by unSpawn View Post
As fellow LQ member and as moderator I have a problem accepting your apology. While in hindsight you may now view your tone of voice as ill-fitting it first and foremost is your position that needs adjustment: the rest will flow naturally from that. As was pointed out this is not the first time you have had trouble with other fora on the 'net and it is not the first time you have misbehaved here. And now it seems you have added to that a kind of persistence expressing your problems I hoped our friendly nudges would indicate we do not need here.

I point out we have been lenient with you ever since your 2004 "accident" but there comes a point where I choose what benefits our community over what benefits a single individual. So, to keep LQ a friendly and fun place for everybody I ask of you the following.

And you should hear this CFB: feel free to post about any technical issues but from this point do not post any issues concerning your dealings with other fora be it in the form of comments, rants or questions.

If you have any comments or questions feel free to email me or any of my fellow moderators.
PS I do realize this is a setup and that you know I will respond and give you "just cause" to ban me. tsk tsk
 
0 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #7
dugan
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Location: Canada
Distribution: distro hopper
Posts: 4,771

Rep: Reputation: 1468Reputation: 1468Reputation: 1468Reputation: 1468Reputation: 1468Reputation: 1468Reputation: 1468Reputation: 1468Reputation: 1468Reputation: 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by galen View Post
Yes I don't find personal attacks helpful, am I required to mark posts helpful to appease and tow the line?
And how was my post in that thread a personal attack?

Last edited by dugan; 08-24-2011 at 10:15 AM.
 
0 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #8
galen
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2003
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Distribution: LinuxMint, PartedMagic, Puppy, xubuntu. BOYCOTTING: Vector, Beatrix, BLAG, Slackware
Posts: 63
Blog Entries: 1

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugan View Post
And how was my post in that thread a personal attack?
I never said it was, I marked unhelpful posts as unhelpful and most of the feedback I marked as helpful.
There were implication posts that I marked as unhelpful, am I allowed to do that?
You seem to be missing the point.
I'm not going to slime into a board under an alias, if they want to ban then they should ban me & don't pull slimy shit.
 
0 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:02 AM   #9
galen
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2003
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Distribution: LinuxMint, PartedMagic, Puppy, xubuntu. BOYCOTTING: Vector, Beatrix, BLAG, Slackware
Posts: 63
Blog Entries: 1

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
I've received a warning for posting "shit", oddly from a good old Texan (Texas what a fine example of civilization, freedom, education, justice ...)
Oddly there are over 600 postings with shit in them.
Bravo Texas for coming out and protecting your pre-teens.

Hello Texas, if you want to protect your pre-teens then educate them properly and not via hypocrisy and fear.
 
0 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:17 PM   #10
unSpawn
Moderator
 
Registered: May 2001
Posts: 27,470
Blog Entries: 54

Rep: Reputation: 2901Reputation: 2901Reputation: 2901Reputation: 2901Reputation: 2901Reputation: 2901Reputation: 2901Reputation: 2901Reputation: 2901Reputation: 2901Reputation: 2901
This thread is temporarily closed for review.

Regardless of that problems with moderation are best handled by asking the moderator or asking another moderator to mediate.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
  


Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grave matter of trust regarding linuxmint galen Linux Mint 11 08-22-2011 04:12 PM
LXer: Ballmer Gets that Sidekick Issue a Matter of Trust LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 10-20-2009 05:20 PM
Finding a grave character (~) atari05 Linux - Newbie 3 01-09-2008 01:54 AM
LXer: Open source success: A matter of 'Trust' LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 05-29-2006 04:54 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration