LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Laptop and Netbook (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-laptop-and-netbook-25/)
-   -   ubuntu 5.04 live having some problems (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-laptop-and-netbook-25/ubuntu-5-04-live-having-some-problems-362266/)

eric123abacus 09-11-2005 03:16 AM

ubuntu 5.04 live having some problems
 
its not letting me change my resolution from 1024x768 to 1280x800 on my dell inspiron 700m.

also i connect to a campus network through ethernet but its not connecting on startup. what do i do?

one more thing. how do i access files on my hard drive (NTFS)?

thanks alot
eric

aysiu 09-11-2005 11:34 AM

Re: ubuntu 5.04 live having some problems
 
Quote:

Originally posted by eric123abacus
its not letting me change my resolution from 1024x768 to 1280x800 on my dell inspiron 700m.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...9&postcount=21

Quote:

also i connect to a campus network through ethernet but its not connecting on startup. what do i do?
I don't know. DHCP usually autodetects my ethernet.

Quote:

one more thing. how do i access files on my hard drive (NTFS)?
http://ubuntuguide.org/#mountunmountntfs

For Live stuff, Ubuntu's good for only getting a general preview of the install. If you want recovery functions, you're better off with Knoppix or Mepis.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.