Linux friendly notebook/laptop
Hi there, fellows.
I'm about to buy a laptop, hopefully a AMD Turion-non-Sis-based one, and i'm getting quite desperate about those incompatibility issues i've read about all over the net. So i wonder if it's possible to find a laptop that fits into the following characteristics:
1. Budget laptop, less than $1000,00 (US dollars)
2. AMD Turion/Sempron mobile processor
3. Fully functional VGA (I'd love to have some nvidia stuff) 2D and 3D
4. NO SIS CHIPSET! IT SUX!
5. 14' (widescreen) or 15' LCD TFT.
6. Available for customers in the USA (I'm brazilian but i could get some from the US much easier than from Europe or Japan).
7. Fully linux compatible or at least not linux hostile, like those Compaqs with broadcom wireless stuff and useless multimedia cards. If i'm wrong and compaq/hp is not linux hostile, please let me know!
Once i almost bought a Compaq from the v2000z series... i dunno what to buy now. I'm not affraid to edit confs, recompile the kernel over and over again and hack around to get the work done. I'm seriously planning on using Gentoo and spend weeks to make all functional, that's not a problem really.