How to install Linux on Acer Aspire 5050
I have tried to install various linux Operating Systems on my ACER 5050.
When I tried to install ubuntu,after the language selection option the screen goes blank without even reporting an error message.I guess this might be due to incompatible hardware configuration of my laptop which is:
ACER ASPIRE 5050
* Processor: AMD Turion64 x2 TL-50 (1.6 GHz, 512 KB L2 cache total, 256 KB on each core)
* RAM: 1 GB 533 MHz DDR2 RAM (2 x 512 MB)
* Hard Drive: 80 GB Hitachi 5400 RPM HD
* Screen: 14.1-inch WXGA Acer CrystalBrite screen
* Gaphics: ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 integrated graphics (64-256mb shared memory)
* Optical Drive: Dual layer DVD +/- RW combo
* OS: Windows Media Center Edition 2005
* Wireless: Atheros Wireless 802.11 b/g with Signalup high efficiency antennae
* Battery: 44.6 W 4000 mAh Li-ion battery (6-cell) with a rated 2.5 hrs battery life
Freinds Please help on how to install linux on it.
Waiting for the solution