Gentoo Linux Minimal Install on HP dv9428mr
I'm having trouble loading gentoo in addition to win xp on my laptop. So, here's where I started:
I burned the gentoo min image using CDBurnerXP Pro 3 with the following options:
1. The name of the minimal download that I'm burning: install-x86-minimal-2007.0-r1
2. Setting Boot options, and made disc bootable.
3. Setting emulation type: HardDisc
4. Load Segment (default selection): 7C0
5. Sectors: (default selection): 1
6. Platform: 80x86 PC
7. Disable iso file delimeters is UnChecked
8. Enforce ISO Lvl 1 is checked.
The burned CD didn't work, and gave me the error: Couldn't load DOS, press any key to restart. Could someone pls point me in the right direction as to what might be causing this error?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Last edited by SeanInSeattle; 08-19-2007 at 04:47 AM.