LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Laptop and Netbook
User Name
Password
Linux - Laptop and Netbook Having a problem installing or configuring Linux on your laptop? Need help running Linux on your netbook? This forum is for you. This forum is for any topics relating to Linux and either traditional laptops or netbooks (such as the Asus EEE PC, Everex CloudBook or MSI Wind).

Notices

Reply
 
LinkBack Search this Thread
Old 05-28-2008, 03:51 AM   #1
awenfluff
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2008
Posts: 6

Rep: Reputation: 0
Fedora 9 x64 wireless problem on HP DV6815nr


Wireless won't work!!!

I have a HP dv6815nr 64-bit. Installed Fedora 9 64-bit.

Have tried more things than can recall, none have worked.

Output of lspci:

Code:
00:00.0 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation MCP67 Memory Controller (rev a2)
00:01.0 ISA bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP67 ISA Bridge (rev a2)
00:01.1 SMBus: nVidia Corporation MCP67 SMBus (rev a2)
00:01.2 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation MCP67 Memory Controller (rev a2)
00:01.3 Co-processor: nVidia Corporation MCP67 Co-processor (rev a2)
00:02.0 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation MCP67 OHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev a2)
00:02.1 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation MCP67 EHCI USB 2.0 Controller (rev a2)
00:04.0 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation MCP67 OHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev a2)
00:04.1 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation MCP67 EHCI USB 2.0 Controller (rev a2)
00:06.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation MCP67 IDE Controller (rev a1)
00:07.0 Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP67 High Definition Audio (rev a1)
00:08.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP67 PCI Bridge (rev a2)
00:09.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation MCP67 AHCI Controller (rev a2)
00:0a.0 Ethernet controller: nVidia Corporation MCP67 Ethernet (rev a2)
00:0c.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP67 PCI Express Bridge (rev a2)
00:0d.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP67 PCI Express Bridge (rev a2)
00:12.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 7150M (rev a2)
00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] HyperTransport Technology Configuration
00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Address Map
00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] DRAM Controller
00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Miscellaneous Control
02:05.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Ricoh Co Ltd R5C832 IEEE 1394 Controller (rev 05)
02:05.1 SD Host controller: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter (rev 22)
02:05.2 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller (rev 12)
02:05.3 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapter (rev 12)
02:05.4 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller (rev ff)
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR242x 802.11abg Wireless PCI Express Adapter (rev 01)
Output of lsusb:

Code:
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Output of iwconfig:
Code:
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

pan0      no wireless extensions.
Output of ifconfig:
Code:
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1E:68:52:00:4E  
          inet addr:192.168.0.7  Bcast:192.168.0.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::21e:68ff:fe52:4e/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:8087 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:8018 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 
          RX bytes:6596561 (6.2 MiB)  TX bytes:1376265 (1.3 MiB)
          Interrupt:20 Base address:0x8000 

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback  
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          RX packets:634 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:634 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0 
          RX bytes:32388 (31.6 KiB)  TX bytes:32388 (31.6 KiB)
NOTE: There used to be a "pan0" entry that did not have an IP - everything was zero pretty much. I did something and it disappeared.

Output of cat /etc/network/interfaces:

Code:
[Kim@localhost ~]$ cat /etc/network/interfaces
cat: /etc/network/interfaces: No such file or directory
[Kim@localhost ~]$
Output of cat /etc/resolv.conf:
Code:
# generated by NetworkManager, do not edit!

nameserver 24.25.227.55
nameserver 192.168.0.1
Hopefully that is everything you need to know to help me! TIA.
 
Old 05-29-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
Rijen
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Distribution: OpenSUSE Kubuntu
Posts: 6

Rep: Reputation: 0
Madwifi.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenfluff View Post
Wireless won't work!!!

I have a HP dv6815nr 64-bit. Installed Fedora 9 64-bit.

Have tried more things than can recall, none have worked.

Output of lspci:

Code:
00:00.0 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation MCP67 Memory Controller (rev a2)
00:01.0 ISA bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP67 ISA Bridge (rev a2)
00:01.1 SMBus: nVidia Corporation MCP67 SMBus (rev a2)
00:01.2 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation MCP67 Memory Controller (rev a2)
00:01.3 Co-processor: nVidia Corporation MCP67 Co-processor (rev a2)
00:02.0 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation MCP67 OHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev a2)
00:02.1 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation MCP67 EHCI USB 2.0 Controller (rev a2)
00:04.0 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation MCP67 OHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev a2)
00:04.1 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation MCP67 EHCI USB 2.0 Controller (rev a2)
00:06.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation MCP67 IDE Controller (rev a1)
00:07.0 Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP67 High Definition Audio (rev a1)
00:08.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP67 PCI Bridge (rev a2)
00:09.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation MCP67 AHCI Controller (rev a2)
00:0a.0 Ethernet controller: nVidia Corporation MCP67 Ethernet (rev a2)
00:0c.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP67 PCI Express Bridge (rev a2)
00:0d.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP67 PCI Express Bridge (rev a2)
00:12.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 7150M (rev a2)
00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] HyperTransport Technology Configuration
00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Address Map
00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] DRAM Controller
00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Miscellaneous Control
02:05.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Ricoh Co Ltd R5C832 IEEE 1394 Controller (rev 05)
02:05.1 SD Host controller: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter (rev 22)
02:05.2 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller (rev 12)
02:05.3 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapter (rev 12)
02:05.4 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller (rev ff)
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR242x 802.11abg Wireless PCI Express Adapter (rev 01)
Output of lsusb:

Code:
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Output of iwconfig:
Code:
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

pan0      no wireless extensions.
Output of ifconfig:
Code:
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1E:68:52:00:4E  
          inet addr:192.168.0.7  Bcast:192.168.0.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::21e:68ff:fe52:4e/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:8087 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:8018 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 
          RX bytes:6596561 (6.2 MiB)  TX bytes:1376265 (1.3 MiB)
          Interrupt:20 Base address:0x8000 

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback  
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          RX packets:634 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:634 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0 
          RX bytes:32388 (31.6 KiB)  TX bytes:32388 (31.6 KiB)
NOTE: There used to be a "pan0" entry that did not have an IP - everything was zero pretty much. I did something and it disappeared.

Output of cat /etc/network/interfaces:

Code:
[Kim@localhost ~]$ cat /etc/network/interfaces
cat: /etc/network/interfaces: No such file or directory
[Kim@localhost ~]$
Output of cat /etc/resolv.conf:
Code:
# generated by NetworkManager, do not edit!

nameserver 24.25.227.55
nameserver 192.168.0.1
Hopefully that is everything you need to know to help me! TIA.

I have the same laptop and got it working on Kubuntu 32-bit.
It does not seem to work on 64-bit
Just download this file: madwifi-nr-r3366+ar5007.tar.gz and follow the instructions. Good luck
 
Old 05-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
Rijen
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Distribution: OpenSUSE Kubuntu
Posts: 6

Rep: Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rijen View Post
I have the same laptop and got it working on Kubuntu 32-bit.
It does not seem to work on 64-bit
Just download this file: madwifi-nr-r3366+ar5007.tar.gz and follow the instructions. Good luck
I forgot: look at madwifi.org !!! TICKET 1679!!!

Or try this:

wget http://snapshots.madwifi.org/special...+ar5007.tar.gz

tar xfz madwifi-nr-r3366+ar5007.tar.gz

cd madwifi-nr-r3366+ar5007

make

sudo make install

sudo modprobe ath_pci
sudo reboot
 
Old 06-10-2008, 01:56 AM   #4
awenfluff
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2008
Posts: 6

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Still struggling..

Thanks both of you for the responses.

I tried a few more things and decided to ditch 64-bit Fedora 9 - it just would NOT work.

I just finished installed Fedora 9 32-bit.

I downloaded the patched version (for the Atheros 5007 chipset) of the madwifi tar file and installed it using your instructions (make install, modprobe ath_pci, reboot), although I did have to issue the command:

yum install kernel-devel

first in order to get modprobe to work.

I have my wireless switch on the front of my laptop in the left position (I only mention this because with my previous HP laptop, the ON position for wireless was the opposite).

I left click on the internet connection icon next to my user name on the top toolbar and it recognizes my wireless connection, but when I click it to try to connect it attempts to connect then says

"Disconnected The network connection has been disconnected."

even though it never successfully connected.

I am completely at a loss as to what the problem is now.

Thanks in advance for any help.
 
Old 06-10-2008, 02:13 AM   #5
awenfluff
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2008
Posts: 6

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
oh crap, one step back...

I did:
/sbin/modprobe wlan_scan_sta

to try and fix the problem. Then I rebooted. Now, no wireless connections are showing up, although I still have my wired connection.

Also, after installing madwifi, I got a kernel bug warning upon reboot. Got it again after second reboot. Not sure what is causing it but perhaps it is related to my no wifi problem...
 
Old 06-10-2008, 02:29 AM   #6
Rijen
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Distribution: OpenSUSE Kubuntu
Posts: 6

Rep: Reputation: 0
Try to set the switch to the right position. That is the side my switch has to stand and we have the same notebook!!! Notice that the led stays red and does not turn blue as the windows driver does!

if I type ifconfig as root I get the following output:
=====================================
root@linux-laptop:/home/robvr# ifconfig
ath0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:1f:3a:56:09:e0
inet addr:10.0.0.4 Bcast:10.0.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::21f:3aff:fe56:9e0/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:4268 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:2217 errors:2 dropped:2 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:4396014 (4.1 MB) TX bytes:326346 (318.6 KB)

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:1e:68:27:c3:53
UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
Interrupt:220 Base address:0x6000

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

wifi0 Link encap:UNSPEC HWaddr 00-1F-3A-56-09-E0-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:29342 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:1206
TX packets:2688 errors:0 dropped:2 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:195
RX bytes:6389084 (6.0 MB) TX bytes:443894 (433.4 KB)
Interrupt:21
=============================

after installing madwifi you should get ath0 and wifi0.
I tried it both under Opensuse and Kubuntu and both times it works

Good luck
 
Old 06-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #7
awenfluff
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2008
Posts: 6

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
My output to ifconfig....

Here is my output to ifconfig. Maddwifi appears to have worked..

ath0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:1F:3A:B9:A4:90
inet6 addr: fe80::21f:3aff:feb9:a490/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:1E:68:52:00:4E
inet addr:192.168.0.7 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::21e:68ff:fe52:4e/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:19187 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:14049 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:10146130 (9.6 MiB) TX bytes:2594428 (2.4 MiB)
Interrupt:20 Base address:0x8000

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:1876 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:1876 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:114470 (111.7 KiB) TX bytes:114470 (111.7 KiB)

wifi0 Link encap:UNSPEC HWaddr 00-1F-3A-B9-A4-90-F4-AF-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:6723 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:199
RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:309258 (302.0 KiB)
Interrupt:19

Hey! I just got connected to wifi! I did move the switch to the RIGHT. Oh my god it is finally working! Thank you!

Hopefully it doesn't do the constant disconnect thing some other people are experiencing...
 
Old 06-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #8
Rijen
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Distribution: OpenSUSE Kubuntu
Posts: 6

Rep: Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by awenfluff View Post
Here is my output to ifconfig. Maddwifi appears to have worked..

ath0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:1F:3A:B9:A4:90
inet6 addr: fe80::21f:3aff:feb9:a490/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:1E:68:52:00:4E
inet addr:192.168.0.7 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::21e:68ff:fe52:4e/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:19187 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:14049 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:10146130 (9.6 MiB) TX bytes:2594428 (2.4 MiB)
Interrupt:20 Base address:0x8000

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:1876 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:1876 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:114470 (111.7 KiB) TX bytes:114470 (111.7 KiB)

wifi0 Link encap:UNSPEC HWaddr 00-1F-3A-B9-A4-90-F4-AF-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:6723 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:199
RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:309258 (302.0 KiB)
Interrupt:19

Hey! I just got connected to wifi! I did move the switch to the RIGHT. Oh my god it is finally working! Thank you!

Hopefully it doesn't do the constant disconnect thing some other people are experiencing...
Are you sure it is working via the wireless adapter?
I see no IP address for ath0 in your output?
 
Old 07-01-2008, 09:53 AM   #9
cyberhobo
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Oct 2005
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Distribution: fedora
Posts: 3

Rep: Reputation: 0
I just got wifi working on my dv6815nr machine using Kubuntu Hardy Heron x64. This thread was key for me, thanks.

The trick was to use a different madwifi snapshot http://snapshots.madwifi.org/madwifi...0080604.tar.gz

I found another thread that was helpful getting the nvidia drivers installed: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...71&postcount=6

Good luck to all.
 
Old 07-02-2008, 01:32 PM   #10
awenfluff
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2008
Posts: 6

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Thanks for the post!

Thanks for posting. It is good to know what the alternative to Fedora is. If I didn't get it working w/ Fedora 32 bit I was going to switch to Ubuntu.

But, I got it to work w/ Fedora 32 bit using the patched madwifi driver (someone made a version w/ the patch already included which is what I used). Two problems though:

1) I get a kernel error every time I boot up; it's a little alarming. Not sure what is causing this, but it doesn't affect my day to day usage of the computer which mainly is just surfing the internet.

2) If I let the computer go to sleep or move physical locations (where old network is no longer active) without shutting down first, I need to reboot in order to get the wireless working again. Also not sure why that is.

Once I do get on, I don't get dropped.

So all in all, it works pretty good. As far as I know it still doesn't work with Fedora x64 though.

Has anyone out there got the abc.com/tbs.com network television video players to work with Linux? This is my next challenge - not sure how far I'll get.
 
Old 07-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #11
cyberhobo
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Oct 2005
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Distribution: fedora
Posts: 3

Rep: Reputation: 0
So for me, 32-bit Kubuntu worked with the madwifi snapshot linked to by Rijen (http://snapshots.madwifi.org/special...+ar5007.tar.gz), but 64-bit worked with the one I linked to (http://snapshots.madwifi.org/madwifi...0080604.tar.gz). I'd say there's a fair chance 64-bit Fedora would work with that one too.

Last edited by cyberhobo; 07-02-2008 at 05:36 PM.
 
Old 09-12-2008, 05:41 PM   #12
Rijen
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Distribution: OpenSUSE Kubuntu
Posts: 6

Rep: Reputation: 0
New driver available

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhobo View Post
So for me, 32-bit Kubuntu worked with the madwifi snapshot linked to by Rijen (http://snapshots.madwifi.org/special...+ar5007.tar.gz), but 64-bit worked with the one I linked to (http://snapshots.madwifi.org/madwifi...0080604.tar.gz). I'd say there's a fair chance 64-bit Fedora would work with that one too.
There is a new driver for 32+64bit
http://madwifi.org/ticket/1192

Installed it (OpenSuse 11.0 and Kubuntu 8.04 both 32bits) and it works fine

Last edited by Rijen; 09-13-2008 at 08:48 PM.
 
Old 09-15-2008, 01:19 PM   #13
awenfluff
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2008
Posts: 6

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Ahh Thanks Rijen for posting this! My wireless has been dysfunctional for a while and this is probably the solution. Thanks.
 
Old 09-16-2008, 01:26 AM   #14
Rijen
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Distribution: OpenSUSE Kubuntu
Posts: 6

Rep: Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by awenfluff View Post
Ahh Thanks Rijen for posting this! My wireless has been dysfunctional for a while and this is probably the solution. Thanks.
Remember that you have to link in (modprobe) the madwifi module after every kernel update. Maybe that was the reason your wireless seemed to stop working.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How stable is x64 Fedora? RileyTheWiley Linux - Hardware 2 02-09-2008 09:28 AM
bcm43xx fedora 7 x64 problem ags123 Linux - Hardware 16 06-14-2007 11:11 PM
averatec av-4155-eh1 fedora core 5 x64 problem switch21 Linux - Laptop and Netbook 0 06-17-2006 05:47 PM
can i run linux mandriver x64 with windows x64 bit if so wich one should i install fi malmac2000 Linux - Software 2 04-26-2006 07:04 AM
xsupplicant x64 wireless benbennett Linux - Hardware 0 03-19-2005 06:40 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration