CentOS "mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'"
I am configuring a 3.2.2+ kernel from 2.6.18.
Error I encountered while booting the 3.2.2 kernel is
My grub.conf is
I'm not sure what might be the problem other than this.
Welcome to LQ!!!
Questions for you:
1. Which version of CentOS you are running on?
2. Are you able to boot into other kernels installed without any issues?
3. How did you install this new kernel?
4. Did you create ramfs image for your new kernel?
5. If you are able to boot into other kernels then paste the output of the following command:
CentOS release 5.7 (Final)
Yeah I'm able to boot into other kernels.
The output of the command ls -l /boot
I want to install the new kernel because I want to understand how to configure a kernel.
I have chosen
-*- Kernel->user space relay support (formerly relayfs) │ │
│ │[*] Initial RAM filesystem and RAM disk (initramfs/initrd) suppor│ │
│ │ () Initramfs source file(s) │ │
│ │[*] Optimize for size
-*- /proc file system support │ │
│ │[*] /proc/kcore support │ │
│ │[*] /proc/vmcore support │ │
│ │ -*- Tmpfs virtual memory file system support (former shm fs) │ │
│ │[*] Tmpfs POSIX Access Control Lists │ │
│ │ -*- Tmpfs extended attributes │ │
│ │[*] HugeTLB file system support │ │
│ │ <M> Userspace-driven configuration filesystem
I don't have any idea about ramfs..
post your device drivers option or your .config
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.|