O.K. I finally got the audio working.....
After doing all the things that were suggested in other messages,
like checking dmesg & xrandr, /sbin/lspci & var/log/messages etc .....
I was checking out alsa & alsamixer, when I found out I had three
Audio drivers loaded, one of them being the Radeon HD audio.
They all apeared to be banging into each other.
So ......I thought to myself.... hey I don't need HD audio.
I then went into my BIOS setup and disabled the HD audio.
Reboot.... and YEH! ... the audio worked, although low volume.
So using alsamixer I raised the volume and YAHOO .....
Everything is great!
P.S. I have to thank you guys here,for forcing me to think.
I spent a week trying to get the audio to work... no luck.
Till I came here and read all the very helpful post's.
Thank you !