Tyan S4881 (K8QW) BIOS settings, boot problem
I have a Tyan S4881 motherboard with 4 dual core AMD Opteron CPUs. (BIOS V1.06) With kernel 220.127.116.11 (and several other Fedora and Live CD kernels) it does strange things.
Having only 1 SATA HDD connected to the onboard controller
- If Interrupt mode is set to APIC in BIOS, sata_nv module fails with "qc timeout" messages.
- If interrupt mode is set to PIC, no drives recognized.
It boots only with the "noapic" boot option.
- If ACPI is emabled in BIOS, kernel freezes immediately at boot at the first line beginning with "ACPI: .... " (just after bringing up CPU 0)
If somebody have the same motherboard working, would you check for me
- Is ACPI Enabled?
- Interrupt mode is APIC or PIC?
- Are there any kernel parameters necessary to boot? Kernel version?
- Any other experience?