Trying to work out why my touchpad stopped working today.
- I get no response in desktop (mint cinnamon) except for a fraction of a second after login
- I can
pick up the output using `od -x /dev/input/mouse1`
- `xinput --list --long` shows the following:
⎜ ↳ ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad id=15 [slave pointer (2)]
This device is disabled
- `xinput test 15` picks up nothing
- `xinput set-prop 15 "Device Enabled" 1` has no effect
- Excerpt from Xorg.0.log here
Why would the device be showing as disabled in xinput listing? and why can't I enable it through xinput?