Though set UNMUTE using alsamixer, my soundcard still doesn't work,WHY?
1. Linux distribution: Redhat 9(shrike 2.4.20-8)
2. Mainboard: ASUS P4B533-X(intel 845E chipset)
3. Soundcard: integrated by the mainboard, detected by windowXP as:SoundMAX integrated digital audio, and detected by Linux as:Intel Corp, 82801DB AC'97 Audio
4. The sound box has no problem, and so is the *.wav music file I used to test.
What I've done:
1. I've installed the alsa-driver-0.9.6,alsa-lib-0.9.6 and alsa-utils-0.9.6.
Then, I run "modprobe snd-intel8x0" and no error information was given, so I thought it was OK. I could even run "alsamixer" and I can saw its graphic configuration interface, I set every chanel UNMUTE. After that, I run "xmms" and played a *.wav file to test, only to find the soundcard still doesn't work.
2. I click the Redhat9 main menu--->system settings(not quite accurate, for i'm using Chinese system, I just translate the Chinese words into English)-->soundcard detecting. An error information
was given as "not compatible" or something like that.
3. I run "lsmod" in the console, the modules given out are the very ones I added in the file /etc/modues.conf. This shows no problem.
It appears that I've drived my soundcard properly. Actaully, it doesn't work authough I SET EACH CHANEL UNMUTE.
Anyone encountered the same problem as I did?
Thank you for your attention and
Hope for your replies!