I use SuSE 9.1 and I got some serious trouble with my 3d graphics.
I have an MSI GForceFx 5700 128mb card, and I've downloaded the drivers from nvidias homepage. I can't use yast2 to download drivers as the suse how-to says, it just wont work.
1. I sh the file, installing it. So far so good.
2. I edit the XF86config, add "nvidia" as driver instead of "nv".
3. I Enable 3D support in SaX2.
4. I reboot the computer.
5. X gives me No screens found, I use modprobe nvidia. It says that that module can't be found.
6. I try to install it again, now the installer says that I don't have a precompiled kernelsurface, it tries to make it's own bu then it returns that my kernel-source is missing.
What the hell is wrong? I wanna play accelerated 3D games, I really need help! Please help a desperate man
BTW. I re-installed the kernel-source, installed the driver again and got the same error. In modprobe.conf it says "alias char-major-195* nvidia" is that correct?
Thanks in advance, cheers.