LinuxQuestions.org
LinuxAnswers - the LQ Linux tutorial section.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Hardware
User Name
Password
Linux - Hardware This forum is for Hardware issues.
Having trouble installing a piece of hardware? Want to know if that peripheral is compatible with Linux?

Notices

Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
germanium
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 13

Rep: Reputation: 0
no_sound@saa7134.tv


I have a FlyVideo2000 tv tuner,
with tvtime, i can see the picture, but i can't hear the sound.
Looks like the sound module isn't activated, because all volume level is maximum. What should i do?
 
Old 05-29-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
elliott678
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2005
Location: North Carolina
Distribution: Arch
Posts: 977

Rep: Reputation: 72
I believe most saa7134 cards have an external loop cable for the sound, do you have this connected to your sound card?
 
Old 06-01-2008, 07:56 AM   #3
germanium
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 13

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
oops.

The TV's sound system is connected through a 3.5 mm cable (tv card's line out -> soundcard's line in). Did you mean that?

Last edited by germanium; 06-01-2008 at 07:57 AM.
 
Old 06-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #4
elliott678
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2005
Location: North Carolina
Distribution: Arch
Posts: 977

Rep: Reputation: 72
Yeah, as long as that is connected and the line in on your soundcard is working and turned up, you should have sound.
 
Old 06-01-2008, 10:23 PM   #5
germanium
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 13

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
nah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott678 View Post
Yeah, as long as that is connected and the line in on your soundcard is working and turned up, you should have sound.
But, that's the problem. No Sound.
 
Old 06-01-2008, 10:32 PM   #6
elliott678
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2005
Location: North Carolina
Distribution: Arch
Posts: 977

Rep: Reputation: 72
Have you tried using line-in on your soundcard for anything else? Are you sure it works?
 
Old 06-04-2008, 08:35 AM   #7
germanium
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 13

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott678 View Post
Have you tried using line-in on your soundcard for anything else? Are you sure it works?
Yes, the line-in on the soundcard is connected with the TV card, but the sound doesn't out.
 
Old 06-04-2008, 11:50 AM   #8
elliott678
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2005
Location: North Carolina
Distribution: Arch
Posts: 977

Rep: Reputation: 72
You misunderstood, have you tried connecting anything else to line-in to see if you get sound? If you can't get sound from anything else though line-in, it is a soundcard problem, if you can, it is a TV card problem.
 
Old 06-05-2008, 08:17 PM   #9
germanium
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 13

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott678 View Post
You misunderstood, have you tried connecting anything else to line-in to see if you get sound? If you can't get sound from anything else though line-in, it is a soundcard problem, if you can, it is a TV card problem.
Oh, that's.

Anything's right when using FlyVideo TVR application on windoze.
But, the sound doesn't out when using tvtime on Ubuntu.
I have trying using the Kplayer in Slax, but the problem is definitely the same.
Is the problem on the soundcard, or the TV card?
note (again): no problem on picture at all.
 
Old 06-05-2008, 08:55 PM   #10
elliott678
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2005
Location: North Carolina
Distribution: Arch
Posts: 977

Rep: Reputation: 72
I don't know which one has the problem, that is what I am trying to help you find out. If you plug something else into the soundcard's line-in (doesn't matter what as long as it works and is not the TV card, use a CD player, MP3 player, whatever) if you get sound, it is a TV card problem, if there is no sound, it is a soundcard issue.

You could also try plugging headphones into the TV card's output, if you get sound, this would also indicate a soundcard issue.

Without isolating the problem to one or the other, I can't help you. If it does end up being soundcard related, a model number for that will help.

Last edited by elliott678; 06-05-2008 at 09:01 PM.
 
Old 06-23-2008, 01:10 AM   #11
germanium
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 13

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Cool Oh, that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott678 View Post
I don't know which one has the problem, that is what I am trying to help you find out. If you plug something else into the soundcard's line-in (doesn't matter what as long as it works and is not the TV card, use a CD player, MP3 player, whatever) if you get sound, it is a TV card problem, if there is no sound, it is a soundcard issue.

You could also try plugging headphones into the TV card's output, if you get sound, this would also indicate a soundcard issue.

Without isolating the problem to one or the other, I can't help you. If it does end up being soundcard related, a model number for that will help.
How to activate tv card's sound module?
 
  


Reply

Tags
saa7134, tuner, tv


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
saa7134 TV card dazer26 Linux - Hardware 5 05-07-2007 03:32 PM
Mozilla+flashplayer=no_sound jacktheripperis Linux - Software 6 12-26-2005 08:57 PM
Need help with saa7134 card mike105105 Linux - Hardware 8 07-27-2005 05:21 PM
pinnacle (saa7134) tv card kibuzo Linux - Hardware 4 11-09-2004 01:01 PM
Saa7134 radhapriya Programming 1 04-16-2003 07:52 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration